Restoration of the tower at this Devoran church…
This church was built in 1857 and was designed by JL Pearson, who was also the architect for Truro Cathedral.
It has a beautiful mix of cut granite, as well as large and small kilias stone.
Rothwell Historic Restoration was contracted to do major lime repointing work to the tower. The lifting and installation of lead DPC under all the granite copings was also required.
The porch and transepts were replaced, the cast iron guttering around the church was repaired and re-renewed.
Internally large sections of plaster were stripped, and in time, when the walls have dried sufficiently, the walls will be lime plastered.